With all the technologies of today, it’s about time that lawn mowers made the same leap. The best cordless lawnmowers offer the same results without the hassle, noise, or pollution of gas mowers. Most people can quietly mow their entire lawn, mulching or bagging, on a single charge.
We have narrowed the cordless lawnmowers field down. Our reviews bring you the 3 best cordless lawnmowers for 2013 and what sets them apart.
The best cordless lawnmower for 2013 is the Black & Decker 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower With Removable Battery
Our best review goes to the Black & Decker 19-Inch Electric Lawn Mower. Even though the battery isn’t as strong as the Greenworks Cordless Lawn Mower, the base is larger. This means you won’t need that extra battery life because you’ll be cutting more grass in less time!
Why you need a cordless lawn mower!
- Instant Start – No more pulling rip cords to start a lawn mower. You can start these mowers by simply pushing a button!
- No More Gas – No more pollution, noxious gas smell all over your hands, or paying $4 per gallon to mow your lawn. Just plug in your battery in when you’re finished.
- Easy storage – Most of these mowers just fold up and out of the way when you’re done. You can’t do that with a gas mower or you’ll end up spilling gas all over the place.
- Cordless lawnmowers are quietNo more waking your neighbors up in the morning – Cordless mowers are amazingly quiet.
Good Cordless Lawnmower
WORX 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower with IntelliCut
The WORX cordless lawnmower not only makes our list because of its powerful 24-volt battery and mulching blade, but because its the best cordless lawnmower on the market for under $250.
The WORX cordless lawnmower boasts of its intellicut technology which provides powerful cutting action when you need it, but cuts the power back when you don’t. This saves precious battery life. Like most cordless lawnmowers, the WORX cordless lawnmower starts with the push of a button.
Unfortunately the WORX cordless lawnmower only has a 14-inch base, which is quite small. This means more trips back and forth across the lawn. However, if you have a small lawn and not much storage space, this could be a bonus.
Features of the WORX Cordless Lawnmower
- Adjustable mowing height from 1.8 to 3.3 inches; 14-inch cutting width
- IntelliCut mowing technology adds torque when you’re cutting tough grass
- Special mulching blade chops up clippings better than standard blades
- 3-in-1 cutting for mulching, bagging, or rear discharge
- Push-button starting
- Cuts up to 10,000 square feet on a single charge (up to 40 minutes of runtime)
The WORX cordless lawnmower claims to cut up to 10,000 square feet in a single charge, however I have barely made it through 7,000 square feet with it. The 40 minutes of runtime is fairly accurate, so maybe you’ll be able to mow faster and get the 10,000 square feet. Overall, the WORX cordless lawnmower is a fantasic little mower and is highly recommended for smaller yards.
Better Cordless Lawnmower
GreenWorks 40-Volt 4 Amp-Hour Lithium-Ion 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower
The GreenWorks 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower was nearly ranked as our best cordless lawnmower. It was essentially a coin flip with the Black & Decker.
This is an extremly powerful cordless lawnmower with a 40v lithium-ion battery. Beyond the power, this mower made my lawn look like it had been professionally mowed. It was beautiful! Another great feature of the mower was that I was able to fold it up and store it away after I was finished.
The GreenWorks Cordless Lawn Mower is easy to switch from bagging to mulching (comes with a mulch plug) and also seems very sturdy with a steel deck. It had no problem mowing my 7,000 square foot lawn and acted like it could mow it twice on the same charge.
Features of the GreenWorks Cordless Lawn Mower
- 16-inch cutting width
- 40v Lithium-ion battery for a long lasting and powerful performance
- 5-position cutting height adjustment
- Side discharge or mulching capable
- Adjustable handle bars, rubber molded handle, large wheels, and easy fold-down handle
- 4-year warranty on equipment and 2-year battery warranty
Overall, GreenWorks 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower is a fantastic purchase and I highly recommend it.
Best Cordless Lawnmower
Black & Decker 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower With Removable Battery
Although a tough decision between it and the GreenWorks cordless lawnmower, the Black & Decker cordless electric lawnmower is the best cordless lawnmower for 2013. It has a full size 19-inch mowing width you’d expect to only find in a gas mower and enough power to mow 1/3 of an acre (nearly 15,000 square feet) on a single charge.
The Black & Decker cordless lawnmower was the easiest mower of the 3 to operate. You only need to insert a key and pull a handle to start it and you can easily adjust the mowing height of all 4 wheels at one time. Like the GreenWorks cordless lawnmower, the Black & Decker offers mulching or bagging capabilities and easy fold up storage.
Features of the Black & Decker Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
- Removable 36v battery for cutting lawns up to 1/3 acre
- Includes Energy Star rated charger
- 1-touch adjustment quickly changes height on all 4 wheels simultaneously
- 19-inch deck size
- Includes rear bag assembly, mulch plate, safety key, 36v battery pack and battery charger
- 2-year limited warranty
I have to say that I truly love this lawnmower. It makes mowing the lawn quick, hassle free, and not so much of a chore. That is why it is the best cordless lawnmower for 2013!